Zucchini Pizza Crust
Over here at Fresh City, our latest obsession has been cauliflower pizza crust. The discovery of this recipe was mind-blowing to say the least, and much of the conversation these days revolves around variations on cauliflower pizza crust toppings. We're nerdy that way.
So when zucchini was chosen for this week's Fresh City bag, a question arose that could not be ignored. Could zucchini also perform a culinary magic trick and stand in as a substitute vegetable pizza crust? The answer quickly became deliciously clear: OH YES.
So here it is folks, zucchini pizza crust! (You might want to double the recipe)
1 large egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
0.5 teaspoon garlic powder
0.5 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 basilShop this recipe
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Grate zucchini and sprinkle with salt. Stir and let sit.
3. Drain excess water using a cheese cloth or a colander, using the back of a spoon to press out the water.
4. Add zucchini, egg, half of the mozzarella, garlic powder and black pepper into a bowl and mix.
5. Spread the zucchini mixture onto a piece of parchment paper on a pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, add pizza sauce, remaining cheese and toppings as desired. Bake for another 5-10 minutes.