Zucchini Noodle Lasagna
- Large baking dish
- Large pan
- Aluminum foil
3 cups pasta sauce
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a large baking dish with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
• Roughly dice the onion.
• Wipe and slice the mushrooms.
• Rinse the zucchini and slice them as thinly as possible lengthwise.
• Rinse and roughly chop the kale.
• Grate the Parmesan.
Prepare the Sauce
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5-10 minutes.
• Stir in the mushrooms and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the pasta sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Bring the mixture to boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
Cook, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes.
Assemble the Lasagna
• Spread half of the sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
• Layer half of the chopped kale, half of the zucchini slices, and half of the cottage cheese.
• Repeat by layering the remaining sauce, kale, zucchini slices, and cottage cheese. Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly on top and cover with aluminum foil.
Bring It All Together
• Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
• Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
• Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips for Leftover Ingredients:
• Excess kale, zucchini and Parmesan can be used for a delicious side salad when you’re ready! Massage the chopped kale with olive oil, lemon and salt and pepper.
• Roast the zucchini slices with olive oil, salt and Parmesan. Combine to serve!