Wild Leek & Broccoli Twice Baked Potatoes
This healthier version of a baked potato skin is loaded with veggies and makes a great appetizer for dinner or a party (just increase the quantities)!
For this recipe you'll need:
- Baking sheet
- Large pan
1 leeks, large stalk
to taste, salt & pepper
optional garnish, shredded cheddar cheeseShop this recipe
Bake the Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rinse and scrub the potatoes, and pierce the flesh all over with a fork. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake in the oven until fork-tender and golden-brown, about 30-45 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
Prepare & Cook the Veggies
- In the meantime, rinse the leek and trim away the dark green leafy end (saving it for soup or stew stock, if desired). Thinly slice the leek into rings and discard the white root end.
- Rinse and finely chop the broccoli into florets.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat and add the broccoli and leek. Cook until fork-tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Bring It All Together
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out the center of each potato half, making sure there is still about ¼-inch of potato flesh left inside the skin.
- Transfer the scooped out potato flesh to the large pan and mash together with the broccoli and leek mixture.
- Stuff each potato skin with some of the veggie mixture, and if you'd like, garnish with shredded cheese if you have any on hand. Return to the oven and bake until the skins are crispy, about another 10 minutes.