Watermelon Radish Super Grain Bowl
This Watermelon Radish Super Grain Bowl by blogger Jodie Abrahams is rich in protein, good fats, iron and antioxidants. It combines the earthiness of beets, spiciness of the radishes, and bitter crunch of endive into one perfect meal. Enjoy the bright and fresh flavours of this vibrant vegan bowl.
1/2 cup white and red quinoa
1 watermelon radish
1 belgian endives
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve with cold water, and add it to a small pot with 1 cup of water. Bring to boil with a pinch of salt. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cover the pot. Cook the quinoa until tender and all of the water is absorbed, which should take around 15 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
3. In the meantime, wash the radish and place it on a baking sheet in the oven with a bit of oil and a pinch of salt. Roast for 15 minutes.
4. Wash the endive, beet and green onions. Cut the endive in half lengthwise, and again into quarters. Peel, then thinly slice the beet.
5. Finely chop the green onions and slice the avocado into small wedges. Assemble all of the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl with quinoa. Top with pumpkin seeds.
6. Combine the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a jar with a lid. Shake well to fully incorporate all of the dressing ingredients.
7. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Divide equally amongst the two bowls and serve. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to two days.