Watermelon & Feta Salad with Mint Leaves
The salty and creamy feta cheese in this salad from Sweet & Savoury Pursuits complements the sweet and crunchy watermelon so well. And the fresh mint and lime juice add a refreshing flavour to the salad. Fida adapted the recipe from Nigella Lawson. She suggests to steep the red onions in the lime juice as you prepare the salad, as it mellows out the sharp flavour of the onions.
4 cups cubed watermelon
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
to taste ground black pepperShop this recipe
1. Peel and thinly slice the onion, place in a small bowl.
2. Juice the two limes and pour the juice over the sliced onions. Reserve.
3. Remove the rind and chop the watermelon into even sized cubes (bite size is good).
4. Chop the feta cheese (I like mine in small cubes).
5. Wash the mint and chop coarsely.
6. Assemble the salad by combining the watermelon, feta cheese, mint, olive oil and the lime juice with the onions.
7. Toss the ingredients gently to combine, add ground black pepper to your taste.