Vietnamese Rainbow Bowl with Creamy Almond Sauce
- Large bowl or dish
- Large pan
- Glass jar with a lid
1 carrots, loose
2 tbsp. raw almond butter
¼ cup fresh city's sweet chili sauce (sesame oil, tamari, brown rice vinegar, chili okazu, coconut sugar)
¼ cup hot water
200g rice noodles, stir-fryShop this recipe
Prepare the Noodles
• Place the noodles in a large bowl or dish filled with hot water and soak until tender-firm (al dente), stirring occasionally with a fork to break up the noodles, about 10-15 minutes. Drain in a colander in the sink.
Prepare the Ingredients
• Cut the tofu into ½-inch thick cubes.
• Rinse and thinly slice the bell pepper and carrot into lengthwise ribbons.
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
• If using mango; peel, pit and slice. If using peach; rinse and slice. If using apple; rinse and cut into ¼-inch thick matchsticks.
• Cut the lime in half.
• Mince the garlic and ginger.
Cook the Tofu
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the tofu and cook, flipping occasionally, until lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
Make the Creamy Almond Sauce
• In the meantime, in a glass jar with a lid, combine the almond butter, 2 tbsp. olive oil, Sweet Chili Sauce, garlic, ginger and water. Squeeze the juice from one lime half into the jar.
• Put the lid on and shake the jar vigorously until combined.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the noodles between two bowls.
• Top with tofu, bell pepper, carrot, and fruit.
• Drizzle with the creamy almond dressing.
• Cut the remaining lime half into wedges.
• Garnish with fresh cilantro and wedges of lime to serve!