Veggie Pizza Party
- Large bowl
- Pizza stone or baking sheet
- Medium bowl
½ red onion, small, countShop this recipe
De-frost the Pizza Dough & Preheat the Oven
• If the dough needs to de-frost: coat a large bowl with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat in oil.
• Cover the dough with a cloth and let sit in a warm place for about an hour (the flavour will improve the longer it rises).
• Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Place the pizza stone/baking sheet on a rack in the lower third of your oven and let it heat for at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour.
Prepare the Pizza Ingredients
• Mine the garlic and dice the onion.
• Rinse and halve the grape tomatoes.
• Rinse and dice the bell pepper. Rinse and dry the spinach.
• If not pre-shredded; grate the cheddar and Parmesan.
• In a medium bowl, mix the garlic and tomato sauce until well combined.
• Knead the dough for a minute to allow it to settle. Form it into two round balls.
Assemble the Pizza
• On a lightly floured surface, flatten one ball at a time with clean hands. Starting at the centre and working outwards, use your fingertips to press the dough to ½-inch thick. Turn and stretch the dough until it will not stretch any further.
• Spoon the sauce evenly onto both pizza crusts and place your desired toppings on each pizza (try not to overload the pizza, as the crust will not end up very crisp).
• Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and Parmesan.
Bring It All Together:
• Remove the the pizza stone/baking sheet from the oven and carefully transfer the pizza on top (one per stone/pan) using spatulas or sliding it off of a cutting board.
• Bake until the crust has browned and cheese is golden, about 10-15 minutes. Cool slightly, slice and serve!
Tips for Leftover Ingredients:
• If there are extra toppings, feel free to toss with extra spinach to make a salad to serve on the side!
• Seal and store any excess Parmesan in the fridge. It can be used as a salad topper or sprinkled on roasted veggies.
• Garlic can be kept fresh in a mesh or wire basket, in a small bowl with ventilation holes or even a paper bag!