Veggie Chow Mania with Chicken & Soba Noodles
Recipe excerpted from The UnDiet Cookbook: 130 Gluten-Free Recipes for a Healthy and Awesome Life
- Large pot
- Large pan
1/2 cup snow peas
1/2 cup buckwheat sprouts
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 tablespoon unrefined sesame oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
225g soba noodles
2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakesShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
- Rinse the scallions, cabbage, carrot, snow peas, broccoli and bean sprouts
- Coarsely chop the garlic and grate the ginger. Cut the scallions into 1/2 inch pieces. Shred the cabbage, peel and cut the carrot into thin strips. Clean, de-stem, and slice the mushrooms. Break the broccoli florets into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
Make the Noodles
- Bring a large pot filled with water to boil. Add the soba noodles and cook for 5-8 minutes, until al dente.
- Pour the noodles into a colander in the sink and rinse under cold water. Drain and set aside.
Cook the Chicken
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Cut the chicken breast(s) into roughly 1-inch chunks. Add them to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165F and shows no signs of pink. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
Saute the Veggies
- Return the large pan to medium-high heat and add 2 tbsp. olive oil. When heated, add the garlic and ginger and stir fry until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Follow with scallions, mushrooms, cabbage, carrot, snow peas, and broccoli, stirring constantly. Add water as needed if vegetables start sticking.
Bring It All Together
- Add the tamari, honey, coconut sugar, sesame oil, and chili flakes (if desired). Cook until sauce begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Stir in the noodles and mix well.
- Add the chicken and bean sprouts and stir well to combine. Divide the veggie chow mania evenly between two bowls and garnish with sesame seeds to serve!
For more healthy and awesome recipes, check out Meghan Telpner's The UnDiet Cookbook!
Excerpted from The UnDiet Cookbook: 130 Gluten-Free Recipes for a Healthy and Awesome Life by Meghan Telpner. Copyright © 2015 Meghan Telpner. Photography Copyright © 2015 Maya Visnyei. Published by Appetite by Random House, a division of Random House of Canada Ltd., a Penguin Random House Company. Reproduced by arrangement with the Publisher. All rights reserved.