It’s Passover time! This Vegetable Kugel is chock full of potatoes, sweet potatoes, zucchini and leeks.
5 tbsp. (plus more for greasing pan) vegetable oil or olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1 large organic potatoes, russet
3 tbsp. matzo meal
½ tsp. black pepperShop this recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 9 casserole dish with oil and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and leeks with ¼ teaspoon salt. Immediately turn heat to medium low. Sauté, stirring often until slightly browned and translucent, about 10-15 minutes.
- Shred up the remaining vegetables with a hand grater or food processor- potato, sweet potato, onion, zucchini, and garlic and remove as much water as you can with paper towels. This is important for a dry kugel! Combine with leeks, eggs, ¼ cup vegetable oil, matzo meal, remaining salt and pepper in a large bowl. If is very wet, add in a little more matzo meal.
- Pour mixture into the casserole dish, smooth over with a spatula, and bake for 45 minutes until kugel is cooked through and topping is browned.
- Let cool slightly, cut into squares and eat!