On a hot summer day, is there anything better than a nice cold popsicle? Make your own vegan popsicles with our easy, four ingredient recipe! Simple but fun, this recipe is kid-friendly and a great weekend activity.
No popsicle mold? No problem! Anything can become an impromptu popsicle mold: try using cups, an ice cube tray, or a muffin tin. They may be unconventionally shaped, but they will be just as tasty - just don’t forget to add the stick!
3 cup organic strawberries
4 tablespoons maple syrup, amberShop this recipe
1. Cut the tops off the strawberries. Puree 3 cups of strawberries and 4 tbsp of maple syrup until smooth. This will create approximately 1 ½ cups of strawberry puree.
2. Fill each popsicle mold until ¾ full. Layer as follows: 2 tsp strawberry puree, 2 tsp yogurt, 2 tsp strawberry puree, 2 tsp yogurt, and so on. Make sure the last layer is strawberry puree.
3. [Optional] If you’re someone who likes solid fruit in popsicles, add a few blueberries to each mold! Put them in the top of the mold and push them down with a straw or knife to spread them throughout the popsicle.
4. Put one popsicle stick into the top of each popsicle mold - make sure you leave enough stick above the popsicle for your hand to hold!
5. Place popsicles in the freezer for 4-6 hours, or until frozen solid. Letting them sit overnight is recommended.
6. To remove the popsicles, run the mold under warm water for 10-15 seconds and then pull. If they do not come out, add warm water in 5 second intervals until they come loose.