Tuna Bouillabaisse with Tomato & Garlic Toast
- Medium pan
- Large pot
- Large pan
- Small bowl
To taste salt & pepper
1½ cups water
2 tbsp. sundried tomato & olive spread
2 slices flax sliced loafShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Mince the garlic.
• Rinse the fennel, trim off the ends, and thinly slice them.
• Rinse and halve the grape tomatoes.
• Rinse and roughly chop the parsley.
Cook the Tuna
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat.
• Add the tuna and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Sear the tuna for 3 minutes, then flip.
• Continue to sear for another 2-3 minutes or until the fish is moist, flaky, and cooked through.
• Transfer the tuna to a cutting board. Let cool before slicing into chunks.
Make the Bouillabaisse
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
• Add the fennel, grape tomatoes, and half of the garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
• Stir in the vegetable bouillon and 1 ½ cups water and bring to boil.
• Cook for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
• Stir in the parsley, tuna, and sundried tomato & olive spread.
Make the Garlic Toast
• Mix 1 tbsp. olive oil with the remaining garlic in a small bowl.
• Place a large pan over medium heat.
• Once warmed, add the slices of bread and toast, about 1 minute per side.
• Remove from heat and spread with the garlic oil.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the bouillabaisse between two bowls and serve with the garlic toast on the side!