Tuna and Chickpeas with Garlic Croutons & Lemon Sauce
1/2 tablespoon pickle brine
1/2 tablespoon soy mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon capers
1/2 cup vine tomatoes
8-10 ounces tuna fillet
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/8 teaspoon hot stuff sauce
pinch of salt and pepperShop this recipe
1. Rip the lettuce into bite-sized chunks, wash, and set aside. Squeeze the juice of the half lemon into a small bowl, removing any seeds. Rinse the chickpeas in a colander.
2. To make the dressing, combine the yogurt, soy mayonnaise, dijon mustard, pickle brine, lemon juice, capers, and salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Stir and set aside.
3. Wash and dice the celery, tomato, cucumber, and red pepper. Place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the chickpeas and dressing and toss to combine.
4. Set a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the tuna to a bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp. oil and hot sauce. Toss lightly to coat and pour into the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until the tuna is moist, flaky and cooked. Let cool slightly before cutting into smaller chunks and adding to the bowl of chickpeas and veggies.
5. To make the croutons, cut the bread into 1-inch cubes. Heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and bread cubes tossing to coat. Keep on heat until toasted, flipping occasionally, about 5 minutes.
6. Divide the romaine lettuce evenly amongst two plates and top with half of the chickpea tuna mixture on each. Add the croutons and, garnish with green onion to serve!