Trout with Leeks & Sage over Creamy Polenta
- Medium pot
- Large pan
- Medium bowl
- Paper towel
to taste salt & pepper
3 cups water
3/4 cup cornmeal
2 tbsp. hewitt's goat milk sour cream, 14% mf
3 tbsp. zest-oh dressing (zest-oh pesto spread, apple cider vinegar, olive oil)Shop this recipe
Make the Polenta
• Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a medium pot.
• Once boiling, reduce heat to low and whisk in the cornmeal until smooth.
• Add the garlic powder and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover, and cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches a thicker consistency.
• Rinse and finely slice the sage and kale. When the polenta is done, remove from heat and whisk in the
sour cream and sage and kale.
Cook the Mushrooms & Leeks
• In the meantime, rinse the leek and slice off the bright white and dark green ends. Cut the remainder into ½-inch thick slices.
• Wipe and slice the mushrooms.
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the leek and mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Cook until the leeks are tender and mushrooms are releasing some moisture, about 6-8 minutes.
• Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl and wipe the pan clean.
Cook the Trout
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in the same large pan and place over medium heat. Pat the trout dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Add the trout to the pan and cook until golden, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the polenta between two plates and top with trout. Spoon some of the mushroom and leek
mixture on top of the fish to serve!