Trout with Chili Sauce & Maple-Orange Squash
- Baking sheet
- Small Bowl
1 orange navel oranges
1/2 tablespoon medium maple syrup (no 1, grade b
1 tablespoon kozlik's double c (dijon classique) mustard
1 teaspoon ontario hot sauce
to taste salt and pepper
2 teaspoon trout spices (paprika, dried parsley)Shop this recipe
Roast the Squash
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and grease a baking sheet with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Cut the acorn squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut the squash lengthwise into 6-8 wedges and place on the baking sheet.
- Slice the orange in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl, removing any seeds.
- Add 1 tbsp. olive oil and maple syrup to the bowl and stir to combine. Brush the maple-orange glaze over the squash wedges and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 20 minutes.
Bake the Trout
- While the squash roasts, rinse your small bowl. Mince the garlic and add it to the bowl with the trout spices, Dijon mustard and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
- Brush the trout fillet(s) with the oil mixture and hot sauce (if desired).
- Once the squash has roasted for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and reduce heat to 325 F. Add the trout to the baking sheet and return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
Bring It All Together
- Divide the spinach evely between two plates.
- Remove the trout and squash from the oven. The squash should be fork-tender and the trout will be nearly opaque and should easily flake with a fork. Cut the trout fillet(s) in half.
- Serve the trout on a bed of spinach with a few wedges of squash on the side!