Trout-Stuffed Portobello Caps with Polenta & Cilantro Dressing
- Large pan
- Baking sheet
- Medium pot
To taste salt & pepper
3 cups water
¾ cups cornmeal
¼ cup fresh city's zest-oh dressing (zest-oh pesto spread, apple cider vinegar, olive oil)Shop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
• Wipe the Portobello caps and remove their stems.
• Rinse and quarter the grape tomatoes.
• Mince the garlic.
• De-skin the trout, if desired.
• Cut the trout into ½-inch cubes and set aside.
• Scrape out the dark scales on the inside of the caps using a spoon, and dice the stems.
Cook the Veggies & Trout
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
• Add the Portobello stems, half of the garlic, and the dried oregano. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
• Add the trout and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through. about 3-4 minutes.
• Stir in the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat.
Roast the Portobello Caps
• Place the Portobello caps on a baking sheet, scooped out side up. Stuff them with the trout and veggie mixture and top with the panko/breadcrumbs.
• Roast in the oven until the top is crispy and browning, about 10-15 minutes.
Make the Polenta
• In the meantime, bring 3 cups of water to boil in a medium pot. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and whisk in the cornmeal. Stir until smooth.
• Add the remaining garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring continuously, until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. and whisk in the butter and sour cream.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the polenta between two plates and top with a Trout-Stuffed Portobello Cap.
• Drizzle with the Cilantro Zest-Oh Dressing to serve!