Tortilla Española with Avocado & Radish Salad
- Small bowl
- Large pan
- Large bowl
¾ cup + 3 tbsp. water
To taste salt & pepper
2 tsp. fresh city's tuscan spice mix (sage, garlic powder, rosemary)
2 organic radish, red
2 tbsp. fresh city's balsamic dressing (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt)Shop this recipe
Make a Flax Egg + Cook the Veggies
• In a small bowl, combine the ground flax with 3 tbsp. water and stir with a fork to combine. Set aside.
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
• Rinse, scrub and dice the potato into 1-inch cubes.
• Rinse and dice the bell pepper.
• Add the onion, garlic and potato to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
• Stir in the bell pepper and continue to cook until the veggies are fork-tender, about another 15 minutes.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare the Dry Mixture
• While the veggies are cooking, add the flour to a large bowl and add the Tuscan Spice Mix and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
• Using a fork, gradually blend in ¾ cup water, smoothing out any lumps.
Make the Tortilla Española
• Scatter the potatoes and onion evenly across the pan and pour the flour mixture, distributing it evenly.
• Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the underneath of the mixture has just set, about 7-8 minutes.
• Once the bottom has set, carefully flip the tortilla and cook the other side, about another 5-6 minutes.
Make the Salad
• Rinse the salad greens and dry them on paper towel.
• Rinse and thinly slice the radishes.
• Peel, pit and slice the avocado.
• Rinse and dry the large bowl used earlier and add the veggies to the bowl. Drizzle with the Balsamic Dressing and toss to coat.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the tortilla española between two plates and serve with a side of avocado and radish salad!