Tomato & Tofu 'Paneer' with Bell Pepper on Rice
- Small pot
- Large pan
- Blendor/food processor
1 1/2 cups + 1/4 cup water
to taste salt & pepper
1 1/2 tbsp. indian spice mix (cumin, turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, garam masala)Shop this recipe
Make the Rice
• Rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt.
• Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
Prepare the Ingredients
• While the rice is cooking, cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
• Rinse and dice the bell pepper, tomatoes, and cilantro.
• Crush the cashews with the broad side of a knife.
Make the Paneer
• In a blender or food processor, combine the tomatoes, Indian spice mix, vegetable bouillon, half of the cashews and ¼ cup water. Blend until smooth.
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
• Add the tofu and cook, flipping pieces occasionally, until browned, about 8 minutes.
• Stir in the bell pepper and blended tomato mixture, and bring the mixture to simmer.
• Cook until the bell pepper is tender, about 5-10 minutes, adding a bit of water if the mixture becomes too thick and begins to sputter.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the rice between two plates or bowls.
• Top with the tomato and tofu paneer. Garnish with cilantro and the remaining cashews!