Tofu & Veggie Pad Thai
- Shallow dish
- Large pot
4 cups water
1 lb carrots, loose
¾ cup fresh city's pad thai sauceShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Fill a shallow dish with hot water and add the rice noodles. Soak until the noodles are fully hydrated and tender. Use a fork to separate the noodles occasionally as they soak.
• Dice the tofu and mince the garlic.
• Rinse and cut the carrots, bell pepper and zucchini into thin, long strips.
• Rinse and dice the green onions.
• Cut the lime into wedges.
• Crush the cashews.
Cook the Tofu & Veggies
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook until golden-brown, about 5-6 minutes. Carefully remove from the pot and set aside.
• Reduce the heat to medium and add the garlic, carrots, bell pepper and half of the green onions. Cook for 5 minutes.
• Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the Pad Thai sauce, rice noodles, zucchini, tofu and half of the crushed cashews.
• Continue cooking until the zucchini is fork-tender, about another 3-4 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the Pad Thai between 4-6 bowls.
• Sprinkle with the remaining green onions and cashews to serve!
Tips for Leftover Ingredients:
• Use the leftover cashews for a healthy snack during the week! They can also be added to smoothies.
• Use the extra garlic in your next stir-fry, pasta, soup or even salad dressing!