Tofu Buddha Bowlwith Avocado & Tahini Dressing
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
- Small pot
to taste salt & pepper
1 tbsp. fresh city's essential spice mix (cumin, garlic powder, coriander)
¼ cup fresh city's tahini dressing lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, garlic powder, fig & date mustard)
2 tbsp. shelled sunflower seedsShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Tofu
• Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes and add it to a large bowl.
• Add 1 tbsp. olive oil and the nutritional yeast. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat.
• Pour the tofu onto one side of the baking sheet.
Bake the Tofu & Sweet Potato
• Rinse, scrub and dice the sweet potato into ½-inch cubes.
• Add the cubes to the same bowl used for the tofu and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Sprinkle with the Essential Spice Mix, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix.
• Pour the sweet potatoes onto the other half of the baking sheet and place in the oven.
• Bake until the sweet potato are fork-tender and the tofu is golden-brown and lightly crispy, 25-30 minutes.
Make the Rice
• In the meantime, rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ¼ cups water. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer. Cook, covered, until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• Rinse and halve the grape tomatoes.
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
• Peel, pit and slice the avocado.
• Rinse the kale and remove the leaves from the stem. Tear the leaves into smaller pieces.
• Add the kale to the large bowl used earlier for the sweet potato and tofu, and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Massage lightly for a minute or so.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the rice between two bowls.
• Top with sweet potato and tofu, grape tomatoes, kale, cilantro, and avocado.
• Drizzle with Tahini Dressing and sprinkle with sunflower seeds to serve!