Tofu & Bell Pepper Scramble with Home-Style Potatoes
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
- Large pan
1 lb. potatoes, white (new crop)
3 tbsp. biodynamic extra virgin olive oil
To taste salt & pepper
1 tbsp. fresh city's essential spice mix (cumin, coriander, garlic powder)
2 tbsp. waterShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Rinse the bell pepper and green onions.
• Dice the onion, bell pepper and green onions.
• Scrub the potatoes and cut away any blemishes (peel if desired), then cut into ¼-inch thick cubes.
Roast the Potatoes
• Add the potato cubes to a large bowl. Drizzle with 2 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to thoroughly coat.
• Pour the potatoes onto the baking sheet and roast in the oven until fork-tender and golden-brown, about 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Cook the Veggies
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until tender and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
• Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp, another 2-3 minutes.
Scramble the Tofu
• Add the tofu to the large bowl used earlier. Use a fork to crumble it into smaller pieces.
• Add the Essential Spice Mix and water and toss to thoroughly coat.
• Add the tofu to the pan with the veggies and stir.
• Cook until the veggies are tender and the tofu is lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the tofu scramble and home-style potatoes between two plates.
• Garnish with green onions and serve with pico de gallo salsa on the side!