Thanksgiving Leftovers Club Sandwich
Leftover turkey sandwiches are often more enjoyable than the big Thanksgiving meal itself. For this version, every single component of the Thanksgiving meal is packed between two pieces of bread, down to a smashed dinner roll in the center. No need to go as nuts as CHOW did, simply use whatever you have leftover to create your version of this epic Thanksgiving leftover sandwich!
1/2 dinner roll
2 tablespoons mashed potatoes
1 cup shredded roasted turkey
3 tablespoons warmed gravy
2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
4 1/2 teaspoons soy mayonnaise
1/3 cup stuffing
1/3 cup green bean casseroleShop this recipe
1. Using a rolling pin or drinking glass, flatten the dinner roll until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. Spread the mashed potatoes on the dinner roll in an even layer; set aside. Place the turkey and gravy in a small bowl and toss until combined; set aside.
2. Place the bread slices on a work surface. Spread one slice with the cranberry sauce and the second with the mayonnaise. Place the stuffing on the mayonnaise-side of the bread slice and spread it into an even layer. Spread the sweet potatoes over the stuffing in an even layer. Top the sweet potatoes with the green bean casserole.
3. Top the green bean casserole with the dinner roll, mashed-potato-side up. Top with the turkey mixture.
4. Place the second slice of bread cranberry-side down on top of the turkey mixture.
5. Press down gently on the top of the sandwich to compact it slightly, cut it in half, and serve.