Thai Green Mushroom Curry with Chickpeas & Rice
- Small pot
- Large pot
1 1/2 cups water
to taste salt & pepper
3/4 cup thai coconut mix (coconut milk, tamari, coconut sugar)
1 cup waterShop this recipe
Make the Rice
• Rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt.
• Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• Rinse and drain the chickpeas in a colander.
• Rinse and dice the carrots.
• Wipe and slice the mushrooms.
• Mince the garlic and ginger. Dice the onion.
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
• Cut the lime in half and cut one half into wedges.
Make the Curry
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger and onion and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
• Stir in the carrots and green curry paste, and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Stir in the chickpeas, mushrooms, Thai Coconut Mix, 1 cup of water, and the juice from the intact lime half. Season with salt and pepper to taste and bring the mixture to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the mixture thickens, 8-10 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the rice between two bowls or plates and top with the curry.
• Garnish with fresh cilantro and wedges of lime to serve!