Thai Dragon Bowl
8 cups vegetable stock
1 tablespoon lemongrass, minced
1/2 teaspoon green curry paste
1/4 cup tamari soy sauce
1 cup lite coconut milk
8-14 ounces rice noodles, medium width
half a block cut into 1 inch strips extra firm tofu
6 ounces snow peas, cut into 1 inch pieces
2-3 vine tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup living basil
2 tablespoons sambal oelekShop this recipe
1) Heat the stock to a simmer and add the minced lemongrass, ginger and garlic; simmer 15 minutes. Strain the stock through a seive to remove the solids and return the liquid to the pot.
2) Stir in curry paste and tamari soy sauce into the broth and simmer 5 minutes. Add coconut milk and lime juice.
3) After about 2 1/2 minutes, while the broth is simmering, add the rice noodles, tofu and sugar snap peas and then at 5 minutes add the rest of the ingrediants and simmer until heated through.
4) Serve in large bowls with lime wedges and crusty bread.
5) *tip - if some of your guests don't like the heat, serve the sombel oelek on the side. For those that do, it's much nicer with the flavours simmered into the soup.