Thai Cabbage Bowl with Tempeh & Sesame Seeds
- Large pan
- Small bowl
- Large pot
½ cup water
¼ cup sweet chili sauce (sesame oil, tamari, brown rice vinegar, chili okazu, coconut sugar)
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
a pinch salt
2 nests black rice ramen, 3-nestShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Rinse the cabbage, carrots, cilantro and green onion.
• Thinly slice the cabbage and roughly chop the cilantro. Shred the carrots using a grater.
• Mince the garlic and green onion.
• Cut the tempeh into ½-inch strips.
Cook the Tempeh & Veggies
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
• Add the cabbage, carrots and tempeh and cook until the veggies are tender and the tempeh strips are heated through, about 8-10 minutes.
Make the Sauce & Ramen
• In the meantime, combine ½ cup of water, the Sweet Chili Sauce, and sesame seeds in a small bowl, and stir to combine.
• Bring a large pot filled with water and a pinch of salt to boil. Once boiling, add the ramen nests and cook until tender-firm (al dente), about 2-3 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to loosen the noodles as they cook. Drain in a colander.
Bring It All Together
• Add the ramen to the pan with the tempeh and cabbage mixture. Pour the sauce into the pan and stir everything to combine.
• Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the ramen has soaked up most of the liquid, about 5 minutes.
• Evenly divide the ramen mixture between two bowls. Top with cilantro and green onions to serve!