Tex Mex Trout with Black Bean Salsa & Avocado
- Small baking dish
- Medium bowl
To taste salt & pepper
1 tbsp. fresh city's chili spice mix (chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cane sugar, paprika)Shop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 375ºF and grease a small baking dish with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
• Rinse and dice the grape tomatoes and bell pepper.
• Dice the yellow onion.
• Rinse and drain the black beans in a colander.
• Cut the lime in half.
Make the Salsa
• Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, onion and black beans to a medium bowl.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with the chili spice mix.
• Squeeze the lime juice on top and give every thing a good stir to combine.
• Pour the salsa into the small baking dish.
Bake the Trout
• In the same bowl used for the salsa, add 1 tbsp. olive oil, the trout fillet(s), and salt and pepper to taste. Toss lightly to coat.
• Place the trout in the baking dish on top of the salsa.
• Bake until the trout is cooked through and the skin flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Peel, pit and slice the avocado.
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
• Evenly divide the salsa and trout between two plates. Top with avocado and cilantro to serve!