Teriyaki Salmon with Shiitake Mushrooms & Cabbage
- Baking sheet
- Shallow bowl or dish
- Small pot
- Small bowl
3 tbsp. sesame ginger dressing (sesame oil, brown rice vinegar, maple syrup, miso paste, tamari, garlic powder, ginger)
6-8 oz wild salmon fillet (6oz)
to taste salt & pepper
1 1/2 cups waterShop this recipe
Marinate the Salmon
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Grease a baking sheet with ½ tbsp. olive oil and set aside.
- Mince the garlic and ginger.
- In a shallow bowl or dish, combine the ginger, half of the garlic, and half of the Sesame Ginger Dressing.
- Add the salmon, tossing to coat, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
Make the Rice
- In the meantime, rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 1/2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, covered, until tender and water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
Roast the Cabbage & Mushrooms
- Rinse and thinly slice the cabbage.
- Wipe and slice the mushrooms.
- Add both to a medium bowl. Toss with ½ tbsp. olive oil, the remaining garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the veggies out on your baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 10 minutes.
Bake the Salmon
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and stir the veggies. Place the salmon on top (with marinade).
- Bake until the salmon is just cooked through and flakes easily with a fork, 8-10 minutes.
Bring It All Together
- Divide the rice evenly between two plates.
- Top with salmon and veggies, and drizzle with the remaining Sesame Ginger Dressing to serve!