Teriyaki Beef Meatballs with Veggie Rice & Sesame Seeds
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
- Small pot
4 daikon radish
8-10 oz. ground beef (harley farms)
to taste salt & pepper
1 1/2 cups + 1/2 cup water
3 tbsp. sesame ginger dressing (sesame oil, brown rice vinegar, maple syrup, miso paste, tamari, garlic powder, ginger)
1 tbsp. sesame seedsShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Dice the onion and mince the garlic and ginger.
• Rinse and dice the green onions.
• Rinse and thinly slice the radishes.
• Rinse the pea shoots.
Bake the Meatballs
• In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, onion, panko/breadcrumbs, half of the garlic and half of the ginger. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Using clean hands, mix well.
• Form the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place them on the baking sheet and bake until cooked through, 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.\
Make the Rice
• In the meantime, rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt.
• Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, covered, until tender and water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
• Stir in the radish and pea shoots and evenly divide the veggie rice between two plates or bowls.
Make the Dressing
• Rinse the pot and return it to the element over medium- high heat. Add the Sesame Ginger Dressing.
• Stir in the cornstarch, ½ cup of water, and the remaining garlic and ginger.
• Let simmer until it thickens slightly, 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in the meatballs.
Bring It All Together
• Top the veggie rice with Teriyaki Beef Meatballs.
• Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds to serve!