Szechuan Pork with Bell Pepper & Rice Noodles
- Large pot
- Large pan
To taste salt & pepper
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (sesame oil, tamari, brown rice vinegar, chili okazu, coconut sugar)Shop this recipe
Boil the Noodles
• Bring a large pot filled with water and a pinch of salt to boil.
• Once boiling, add the noodles and cook until tender-firm (al dente), about 10-12 minutes.
• Rinse and drain the noodles in a colander in the sink. Cut the noodles into fork-managable pieces if desired.
Cook the Pork
• In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the pork and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat is no longer pink, about 6-8 minutes.
• Transfer to a plate and rinse the pan.
Cook the Veggies
• Rinse and dice the bell pepper.
• Dice the onion. Mince the garlic and ginger.
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in the large pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic and ginger and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
• Stir in the water, Sweet Chili Sauce, cornstarch, and noodles. Stir in the pork and cook until everything is coated and heated, 2-3 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Rinse and dice the green onions.
• Roughly chop the cashews.
• Evenly divide the Szechuan Pork between two bowls and top with cashews and green onions!