Swiss Mushroom Melts with Roasted Broccoli Soup
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Blender/food processor
- Large bowl
- Large pan
- Small pot
1½ tsp. fresh city's italian spice mix (italian seasoning, thyme, onion powder, paprika)
1 tbsp. biodynamic extra virgin olive oil
To taste salt & pepper
1 cup waterShop this recipe
Roast the Broccoli
• Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Mince the garlic. Rinse and chop the broccoli into florets.
• Rinse, scrub and dice the potato.
• In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, potato, half of the garlic and half of the Italian Spice Mix.
• Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Roast until fork-tender, 20-25 minutes.
Cook the Mushrooms
• In the meantime, melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the remaining garlic and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
• Wipe and slice the mushrooms and add them to the pan with the remaining Italian Spice Mix.
• Cook until the mushrooms are browning and releasing some water, about 6-8 minutes.
Make the Soup
• Transfer the broccoli and potato mixture from the baking sheet to a blender or food processor. Add the water and milk, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth and transfer to a small pot.
• Place the pot over medium-low heat. Add the vegetable bouillon. Cook until heated through, 5-7 minutes.
Make the Swiss Mushroom Melts
• Place the toasts on the baking sheet and toast in the oven until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes.
• Grate the Swiss cheese, if not pre-shredded.
• Remove the toasts from the oven and top each with some of the mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
• Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the melts between two plates and serve with a side of roasted broccoli soup!