Sweet Potato Tacos with Black Beans, Avocado & Salsa
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
- Medium pan
- Clean dish towel
to taste salt & pepper
1 1/2 tsp. chili spice mix (chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, sugar, paprika)Shop this recipe
Roast the Sweet Potato
• Preheat the oven to 375º F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Scrub the sweet potato. Cut away any blemishes and slice into ¼-inch cubes. Add to a large bowl.
• Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat and pour onto the
• Roast until fork-tender, about 15-20 minutes.
Cook the Black Beans
• While the sweet potato is roasting, rinse and drain the black beans in a colander in the sink.
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the black beans, Chili Spice Mix, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
• Cook until the beans are heated through, 4-5 minutes. Transfer the mixture to the large bowl used earlier for the sweet potato.
• Rinse and dry the pan.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• Rinse and thinly slice the cabbage.
• Peel, pit and slice the avocado.
• Return the pan to the element over medium heat. Working one or two at a time, add the corn tortillas to the pan until they are warm and softened, about 20 seconds per side.
• Transfer the tortillas to a plate once heated through. Keep covered with a clean dish towel until ready to serve.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the tortillas between two plates and top each with cabbage, sweet potato, black beans,
avocado, and salsa to serve!