Sweet Potato Quesadillas with Avocado & Beans
- Large pan
- Medium bowl
1 tsp. coriander seed, ground
1 tsp. garlic powder
To taste salt & pepperShop this recipe
Prepare the Ingredients
• Rinse, scrub and dice the sweet potato into ½-inch cubes. Dice the onion.
• Rinse the beans in a colander in the sink.
• Rinse and dice the tomato. Peel, pit and slice the avocado.
Make the Sweet Potato Mash
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Add the onion and Chili Spice Mix, and cook until tender and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
• Add the sweet potato and ¼ cup water. Season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer.
• Cook until the sweet potato is fork-tender, about 10-20 minutes. Add a bit of water to the pan if needed.
• Remove from heat and roughly mash with a fork. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and stir in the beans.
Assemble the Quesadillas
• Wash and dry the pan and return it to the element over medium-high heat.
• Place a tortilla on the pan. Scoop ½ of the sweet potato mash onto half of the tortilla and sprinkle with ½ of the dairy-free shreds.
• Fold the empty half of the tortilla on top and use a spatula to flatten the top if desired.
• Grill until the bottom is golden-brown, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side.
• Repeat with the remaining tortilla.
Bring It All Together
• Cut the quesadillas into wedges and evenly divide them between two plates.
• Top with avocado and tomato to serve!