Sweet Potato Enchiladas with Pinto Beans & Garden Salad
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
- Small baking dish
1 tbsp. biodynamic extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. essential spice mix (coriander, cumin, garlic powder)
To taste salt & pepper
1/2 cup pinto beans
2 flax tortilla wraps, 11 inch
1/4 cup organic medium salsa
1 1/2 tbsp. lemon maple dressing (olive oil, lemon juice, maple mustard, salt)Shop this recipe
Roast the Sweet Potato
• Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
• Rinse and scrub the sweet potato, dice into ½-inch cubes, and add them to a large bowl.
• Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with the Essential Spice Mix and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Pour them onto the baking sheet and roast until fork-tender, about 15-20 minutes.
• Leave the oven on.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• In the meantime, rinse and roughly chop the cilantro and romaine lettuce.
• Rinse and thinly slice the cucumber.
• Rinse the beans in a colander in the sink.
• Grate the cheddar.
Assemble the Wraps
• Lay out the tortillas and fill each with beans and sweet potato. Roll the tortillas into wraps and place them in a small baking dish.
• Top them with salsa and sprinkle with cheese.
• Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5-7 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Rinse the large bowl used earlier and add the romaine lettuce and cucumber. Drizzle with the Lemon Maple Dressing and toss to coat.
• Cut the enchiladas in half and evenly divide them between two plates.
• Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with a side of garden salad!