Sweet Potato and Avocado Salad with Ginger-Sesame Dressing
Sweet potatoes and avocado are a match made in food heaven. Dressed in Asian flavours of ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame, your salad greens won't know what hit them!
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
1 teaspoon unrefined sesame oil
0 gourmet greens salad mix
0 optional: sliced radishes, diced tomatoes, or tangerine segmentsShop this recipe
1. Dice the onion, place in a colander.
2. Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until just tender, 7 to 10 minutes (don't overcook or your salad will be mushy and falling apart.)
3. Drain the sweet potatoes into the colander with the red onion, rinse with cold water, and cool.
4. To make the dressing, combine olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, ginger, and sesame oil. Add 2 tablespoons of water.
5. Process until smooth.
6. Add diced avocado to the potato and onions, then add optional ingredients, if using. Pour the dressing over and toss [dress to taste, you may not need all the dressing].
7. Spoon over salad greens and garnish with cilantro.