Sunshine Chickpea Pasta with Tomatoes, Olives & Basil
- Large pot
- Small bowl
- Large pan
1 cup tomatoes, grape
2 tbsp. ripe whole black olives
1/4 cup balsamic dressingShop this recipe
Boil the Pasta
• Bring a large pot filled with water and a pinch of salt to boil.
• Once boiling, add the pasta and cook, uncovered, until tender-firm (al dente), about 10-12 minutes.
• Rinse and drain in a colander in the sink and return the pasta to the pot.
• Toss with the basil pesto.
Prepare the Remaining Ingredients
• Rinse and halve the grape tomatoes.
• Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl, removing any seeds. Using the fine side of a grater, grate some of the lemon peel (‘zest’) – you will want about 1 tbsp. of zest.
• Rinse and roughly chop the spinach.
• Rinse and dice the green onions.
Cook the Chickpeas
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
• Rinse and drain the chickpeas in a colander in the sink, and add them to the pan.
• Stir in the dried oregano, lemon zest, half of the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
• Cook until the chickpeas start to split, about 3-4 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Add the pasta, tomatoes, and olives to the pan with the chickpeas and stir everything together until heated through.
• Remove from heat and stir in the spinach, Balsamic Dressing and remaining lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Evenly divide the pasta between two bowls.
• Top with crumbled feta and green onions to serve!