Summertime Barbecue Slaw
Watch the video recipe
1 bird chili
1 pinch celery seedsShop this recipe
- • Zippy Green Onion Dressing can be made up to 2 days before serving.
- • Cabbage can be prepared up to 2 days before serving.
Instructions for the dressing:
- Roughly chop the green onion and add to the blender along with the salt.
- Peel the garlic and add to the blender.
- Add the lime zest and juice.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, olive oil and honey.
- Blend over medium and slowly increase to high until everything has emulsified into a creamy green onion dressing, about 1 minute.
Instructions for the salad:
- Remove the stems from the cilantro.
- Give the bird chilli a rough chop (if using). Set aside.
- Shred the cabbage.
- Julienne the apples.
- In a large bowl, mix the cabbage and apples.
- Mix in the creamy green onion dressing.
- Garnish with cilantro, celery seeds, and chili. Serve with your favourite barbecued goods.
TIPS: With the species title Brassicaceae, she's a sister to broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kale, kohlrabi, and turnip. Egyptians and Romans used to eat cabbage before a night of drinking to prevent hangovers. That’s because cabbage has been known to relieve headaches. Migraine sufferers swear by it, some even make a compress out of crushed cabbage.
Ever wondered why cabbage has a little bit of a different door when cooking? That’s the natural sulfur in cabbage that helps with keratin production in the body. Snack on some slaw and say hello to some extra healthy skin cells.