Stuffed Zucchini Boats with Quinoa & Goat Cheese
1 purple eggplant
1/4 cup living basil
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup panko japanese style breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons goat feta
1 cup waterShop this recipe
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF. Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve with cold water. Add to a small pot with 1 cup water and bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer, and cover the pot. Cook until tender and water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
2. To make the zucchini boats: cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise. Using a knife, score the zucchini flesh about ¼-inch from the edge, all the way around. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon, and dice it. Dice the bell pepper and eggplant, halve the cherry tomatoes, mince the garlic, and slice the green onion and basil.
3. Place the zucchini boats, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Lightly drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove, but leave the oven on.
4. While the zucchini roasts, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until softened, 1-2 minutes. Add eggplant, bell pepper, and chopped zucchini flesh. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes or so until softened. Remove from heat.
5. Fill the boats with as much veggie mixture as possible (setting the rest aside). Top each stuffed zucchini with panko and crumbled goat cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is browning.
6. In the meantime, stir the tomatoes, green onion, basil, dried oregano, and any remaining veggie mixture into the quinoa. Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and the red wine vinegar. Divide the quinoa evenly between two plates and top with two boats each.