Strawberry Salsa Salmon with Quinoa & Lime
- Small pot
- Large pan
- Large bowl
1½ cup water
6-8 oz. wild salmon fillet (6oz)
To taste salt & pepper
2 tbsp. cilantro zest-oh dressing (zest-oh cilantro pesto, olive oil, apple cider vinegar)Shop this recipe
Make the Quinoa
• Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook, uncovered, until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
• Rinse and drain the black beans in a colander in the sink and add them to the pot with the quinoa for the last few minutes of cooking.
Cook the Salmon
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
• Season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste and place on the pan. Sear until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
Prepare the Strawberry Salsa
• In the meantime, rinse and dice the strawberries.
• Rinse and dice the cucumber.
• Cut the lime in half.
• Finely dice the onion.
• In a large bowl combine the strawberries, cucumber, onion, and Cilantro Zest-Oh Dressing.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Squeeze the lime juice on top and toss everything to fully coat.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the quinoa/black bean mixture between two plates.
• Top with a piece of salmon and the cilantro-dressed strawberry salsa!