Strawberry Salsa Pickerel with Quinoa & Black Beans
- Large pan
- Small pot
- Large bowl
8 ounces pickerel fillet
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
pinch of salt & pepperShop this recipe
Cook the Pickerel
• Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
• Season the pickerel with salt and pepper to taste and place on the pan. Sear until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
Make the Quinoa
• Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water. Bring to boil.
• Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
• Rinse the black beans in a colander in the sink and add them to the pot of quinoa for the last 5 minutes.
Prepare the Strawberry Salsa
• In the meantime, rinse and dice the strawberries.
• Rinse and finely chop the cilantro.
• Rinse and dice the cucumber.
• Cut the lime in half.
• Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
• In a large bowl combine the strawberries, onion, cucumber, garlic, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze the lime juice on top.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the quinoa between two plates.
• Top with the strawberry salsa and a piece of pickerel!