Spinach-Stuffed Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Rice
- Baking dish
- Large pan
- Large bowl
- Small pot
1/2 cup pea shoots
1/4 cup living basil
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
to taste salt & pepper
3/4 cup white arborio rice
1 1/2 cups waterShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease a baking dish with 2 tbsp. olive oil.
• Rinse the spinach, pea shoots, and basil.
• Roughly chop the spinach and finely slice the basil.
• Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
• Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
Make the Spinach Stuffing
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
• Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted and the water evaporates, about 2 minutes.
• Transfer the spinach mixture to a large bowl to cool.
Once cool, stir in the goat cheese.
Bake the Chicken
• On a cutting board, make a slit down one side of the chicken breast(s).
• Stuff the chicken with the spinach and goat cheese mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Place the chicken in the baking dish and bake until cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF and shows no signs of pink.
Make the Rice
• In the meantime, rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt.
• Bring the water to boil. Once boiling, add the sun-dried tomatoes and basil and reduce the heat to simmer.
• Cook, uncovered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
Bring It All Together
• Evenly divide the rice between two plates.
• Top with pea shoots and spinach-stuffed chicken to serve!