Make time for risotto, you won’t regret it! While the process of making a perfect risotto is labour intensive, there’s nothing quite like this fluffy and savory delight, layered with flavours and made with care. This Spinach Risotto by blogger Lou Clements uses fresh, organic ingredients and is a delicious way to eat your greens.
2 cups warm water
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
28 Grams lactose-free parmesan, old style
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 bunch bunched spinachShop this recipe
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a simmer in a pot over medium heat. Add the veggie bouillon cube and boil until dissolved.
2. Crush the almonds and add to a pan with some oil, tossing until browned on both sides. Set the almonds aside. Next, dice the onion and grate the Parmesan cheese.
3. In the same pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent (about 5 minutes). Add rice and stir to coat in oil.
4. Add wine to rice, and continue to stir until the wine is absorbed.
5. Next, begin adding the broth in 1 cup increments, stirring constantly until the liquid is absorbed. Once absorbed, make another addition of broth, repeating until all of the liquid has been used and is fully absorbed. This entire process should take no more than 15 minutes.
6. When rice is cooked, remove from heat. Add in spinach and Parmesan, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with almonds before serving.