Spicy Tuna Tacos with Crunchy Cabbage & Lime
8-10 ounces tuna steaks
1 cup whole tomatoes
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed chili pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 tablespoon ontario hot sauce
to taste salt and pepperShop this recipe
1. Slice the avocado in half, remove the peel and pit, and cut into chunks or wedges. Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl. Add the avocado, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and gently toss to combine.
2. Dice the tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Add to a large bowl with ½ tbsp. of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well. Shred the cabbage by thinly slicing, set aside.
3. Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. While the pan heats, combine the red pepper flakes, paprika, and hot sauce in a small bowl and stir to combine. Add the tuna and gently flip to marinate all sides. Once the pan is heated, add the marinated tuna, and sear for 3 minutes. Flip. Continue to sear for a further 2-3 minutes or until the fish is flaky but still moist. Set aside for 1-2 minutes, then slice into chunks.
4. While the tuna cooks, heat another small pan over medium-high heat. Gently toss each tortilla in the pan for about a minute, flipping halfway through. Once heated, wrap them in a clean tea towel to keep them warm.
5. Divide the tuna between the 6 tortillas and top with some of the tomato mixture, the avocado, the lime and cilantro mixture, and the shredded cabbage.