Spicy Spaghetti Squash Latkes
Be the talk of the town during Hannukah this year with this non-traditional take on latkes! Crispy outsides with a hint of spice, perfect with some tart yogurt or apples on top depending on your mood.
1 small jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
1.5 cups spaghetti squash, cooked and squeezed of excess water
2 tablespoons almond meal/flour
0 coconut oil for fryingShop this recipe
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute the onion and jalapeno with the ½ tablespoon coconut oil until softened, about 3 minutes.
2. In the meantime, combine the squash, egg, almond meal and parsley in a large bowl.
3. Once onion & jalapeno mixture is done, add it to the large bowl with the squash and mix together.
4. Using the same skillet over medium-high heat, add enough coconut oil for pan frying (about 2 tablespoons).
5. Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of the squash mixture into the skillet and fry until brown and crispy (about 3-4 minutes) on the bottom, flip and cook on the other side until crispy.
6. Carefully transfer latke onto a paper towel lined cooling rack.
7. Garnish with extra parsley and serve with yogurt, sour cream or apples.