Spanokapita Wraps with Chopped Greek Salad
- Small pot
- Large pan
1 1/2 cups water
to taste salt & pepper
1 tbsp. greek spice mix (oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley)
1/4 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
1 1/2 tbsp. lemon maple dressing (olive oil, lemon juice, maple mustard, salt)Shop this recipe
Make the Quinoa
• Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with 1 ½ cups water and a pinch of salt.
• Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, 8-10 minutes.
Prepare the Ingredients
• Rinse the cucumber, grape tomatoes and spinach.
• Finely dice the cucumber and onion.
• Quarter the grape tomatoes.
• Roughly chop the spinach.
• Rinse and drain the chickpeas in a colander in the sink.
Cook the Spinach & Chickpeas
• Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add half of the onion and cook until tender and fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
• Stir in the chickpeas and half of the Greek Spice Mix and cook until the chickpeas start to split, 3-4 minutes.
• Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, another 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Stir in the quinoa and remove from heat.
Assemble the Wraps
• Lay out the tortillas and spread each with Greek yogurt and the quinoa-chickpea mixture. Sprinkle with half of the feta (reserving half for the salad).
• Roll the tortillas into wraps and cut them in half. Secure each half with a toothpick, if desired.
Bring It All Together
• In the small pot used earlier for the quinoa, combine the cucumber, grape tomatoes and remaining onion, feta and Greek Spice Mix.
• Drizzle with the Lemon Maple Dressing, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
• Evenly divide the wraps between two plates and serve with a side of chopped Greek salad!