Spaghetti Squash Tacos with Bean Spread, Kale & Feta
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Large bowl
1 mini squash, spaghetti
1 tbsp. essential spice mix (cumin, coriander, garlic powder)
to taste salt & pepper
¼ cup bean dipShop this recipe
Roast the Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Halve the squash (if whole) and scoop out the seeds. Brush the flesh with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Use a fork to poke some holes in the flesh to allow steam to escape.
- Place on the baking sheet, flesh side up, and roast until fork-tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
Prepare the Taco Filling
- Rinse and shred the cabbage with a grater.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze one half of the juice into a large bowl. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil, the Essential Spice Mix, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cabbage and toss to thoroughly coat.
Shred the Squash
- Once the squash has cooled enough to handle, use a fork to scrape out the strands of squash flesh. Add them to the large bowl with the cabbage and toss to coat.
Bring It All Together
- Wrap the corn tortillas in aluminum foil and place them on an oven rack to warm for a few minutes.
- Cut the remaining lime half into wedges.
- Once warmed, evenly divide the tortillas between two plates. Spread some of the bean dip on each tortilla and top with the squash/cabbage mixture.
- Garnish with crumbled feta and a dollop of sour cream. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing!