Spaghetti Carbonara with Zucchini & Mushrooms
- Medium bowl
- Large pan
- Paper towel
- Large pot
to taste salt & pepper
1 pack pork bacon (harley farms)
200g brown rice spaghetti, 200g
2 tbsp. unsalted barrel-churned butter, 1lbShop this recipe
Prepare the Egg Batter & Veggies
• Crack the egg into a medium bowl.
• Grate the Parmesan and add it to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and whisk with a fork to combine.
• Rinse the zucchini and slice them in half lengthwise. Cut them into ¼ inch-thick half moon pieces.
• Wipe and slice the mushrooms.
Cook the Bacon
• Cut the bacon into 1-inch pieces.
• Place a large pan over medium heat and add the bacon pieces. Stir occasionally until the bacon is
crispy, about 5-6 minutes. Transfer to paper towel.
Boil the Spaghetti
• Bring a large pot of water with a pinch of salt to boil. Once boiling, add the spaghetti and cook until
tender-firm (al dente), about 8-10 minutes.
Cook the Veggies
• While the spaghetti is cooking, rinse the pan used for the bacon and return it to the element over medium-high heat. Add the butter.
• Once melted, add the zucchini and mushrooms. Cook until slightly tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add the
bacon and reduce heat to low.
Bring It All Together
• When the spaghetti is done, lift the noodles from the water with tongs and add them to the pan with the veggies. Don’t worry if they are dripping wet, as you do want a bit of excess water in the pan.
• Pour in the egg-Parmesan mixture. Use the tongs to lift and toss the spaghetti so it mixes thoroughly. Remove from heat so the eggs do not scramble.
• Evenly divide between two plates to serve!