Soba Noodles with Broccoli & Black Beans
This quick 30-minute recipe is a one-pot meal! Between the soba, broccoli, and black beans, you’ve got your carbs, veggies, and protein covered. Feel free to add in any other vegetables you’ve got – kale, carrots, red peppers – just reduce the broccoli and mushrooms slightly so that there’s enough of this delicious sauce to coat the noodles. If you’ve still got some daikon radish lying about, then slice it up into ¼ inch thick rounds or half-moons and add them at the very last minute.
2 tablespoons unrefined sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (or 1 tbsp white vinegar with 1 tsp sugar)
1/4 teaspoon medium ground black pepper
1 cup vegetable stock or water
1/4 cup coriander, finely chopped
8 ounces soba noodles
Optional garnishes: cilantro, toasted sesame seeds, cashews, lime wedgesShop this recipe
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic and onions for 5 minutes or until soft.
2. Stir in mushrooms, vinegar, cumin, ½ tsp of the salt, and pepper; cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Fill bottom of a steamer pot with two inches of water. While waiting for the water to come to a boil, cut the broccoli into florets, pull off the leaves, and trim the stem in to pieces. Steam the stems for 2 minutes before adding the florets and leaves. Steam for 5 more minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
5. Reduce heat on the onions and mushrooms and stir in tahini, coriander, lemon/lime juice, and remaining salt.
6. Add noodles to the boiling water and cook until tender (5 minutes or as per package instructions). Drain and toss with the vegetables.
7. Garnish with some chopped cilantro, sesame seeds, cashews, and lime wedges.