Smoked Salmon & Fiddlehead Salad
- Large pot
- Medium pot
- Large bowl
2 leeks, wild (ramps)
½ tbsp. (or ½ tsp. dried) organic herb, dill
8 oz fiddleheads, wild (do not eat raw)
Half lemon or lime
¼ cup sour cream, (organic meadow) plastic tub
1 tbsp. cider or white wine vinegar
1 tsp. mustard, whole grain
To taste, salt & pepper
85g salmon, wild smoked (small pack)Shop this recipe
To make this recipe vegan:
Prepare the Vegetables
- Wash and finely dice the wild leeks and dill.
- Wash and dice the potatoes into 2” cubes.
- Thoroughly wash the fiddleheads. Trim the dark end off the fiddleheads.
- Cut the lemon or lime into wedges.
Make the Creamy Dressing
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream cider/white wine vinegar, mustard, wild leeks, and dill. Season with salt & pepper. Refrigerate.
Cook the Potatoes & Fiddleheads
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the potatoes until tender. Cool the potatoes in ice water. Drain. Cut into quarters or 1-cm (1/2-inch) thick slices. Set aside.
- Bring another pot of water to boil. Cook the fiddleheads for 7 to 10 minutes. Cool into ice water. Drain. Set aside.
Bring It All Together
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and fiddleheads with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among two plates. Garnish with smoked salmon rosettes. Drizzle with creamy dill dressing and serve with lemon or lime wedges.