Small Batch Strawberry Jam
- Medium pot
- Small bowl
5 tbsp. pure lemon juiceShop this recipe
Prepare the Strawberries
- Wash the strawberries and add to a medium pot.
- Mash using a potato masher, fork, or anything that will blend the fruit and release the juices.
Make the Jam
- Pour the lemon juice into a small bowl and add the cornstarch. Whisk with a fork until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the pot with strawberries.
- Add in the sugar and stir all ingredients together.
- Turn the stove top on medium-high and bring mixture to a rolling boil (when the bubbles don't stop as you stir them).
- Allow the jam to boil for 20-25 minutes, continuosly.
- Once the mixture will thickly coat the back of a spoon, the jam is cooked and ready to eat.
- Remove from heat and let cool before serving.
Bring It All Together
- Smear over bread, spread on crackers, or even add it to a bowl of oatmeal!