Slightly Healthier Veggie Nachos!
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Can opener
IngredientsShop this recipe
Preheat the Oven & Prepare the Ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line one or two baking sheets with parchment paper (we suggest two baking sheets for crispier nachos!)
• Rinse the kale and remove the leaves from the stem. Roughly chop them.
• Rinse and dice the bell pepper and green onions.
• Open the can of black beans and rinse and drain them in a colander in the sink.
• If not pre-shredded; grate the cheddar cheese.
• Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro.
Assemble the Nachos
• Evenly divide the tortilla chips across the baking sheet(s).
• Load the tortilla chips with kale, bell pepper, green onions and black beans.
• Sprinkle most of the salsa on top (reserving some for dipping).
• Sprinkle the nachos with cheese until they’re fully covered.
Bring It All Together:
• Place the nachos in the oven and heat until the cheese is golden and melted, about 15 minutes.
• Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
• Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with guacamole, sour cream and the remaining salsa on the side!
Tips for Leftover Ingredients:
• Cilantro can be stored in a tall cup of water in the fridge.
• Excess kale can be stored in a plastic bag with a paper towel in the fridge and used to make kale chips for a healthy snack!
• Sour cream can be sealed and stored in the fridge until the expiry date.
• Or make a slaw with the remaining kale, cilantro, sour cream and any other veggies you may have on hand (e.g. cabbage, broccoli, carrots).