Salisbury Steak is a classic comfort recipe that can be made with only a few key ingredients! We love to use our classic Mama Fiorucci burgers in a cast-iron skillet to achieve a rich and delicious flavour. This is the perfect way to use your hamburger patties while barbecue season is on hold!
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 container gravy, turkey
4 beef burger, mamma fiorucci classic
1/8 teaspoon salt, kosher
8 ounces mushrooms, cremini 227gShop this recipe
8 ounces cremini mushrooms
2 tbsps vegetable oil
1 750 ml container of turkey gravy
4 Mama Fiorucci beef burgers
1/8 tsp salt
1. Thaw gravy overnight. If gravy is still frozen, run hot water over container to loosen frozen gravy and dump into small pot. Warm over medium-low heat until completely thawed. Whisk to re-emulsify gravy.
2. Heat a heavy duty skillet over medium-high heat on the back burner with overhead fan on high. Heat until pan radiates heat to your hand hovering 2 inches above skillet.
3. Place thawed hamburger patties in pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Set aside on plate while you make the gravy, cover loosely with foil.
4. Clean, trim and slice mushrooms. Place the same frying pan you used for the burgers over medium high heat, add oil. Add mushrooms stirring constantly until mushrooms are coated with oil.
5. Sprinkle with salt to help draw out moisture. Cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally until moisture from mushrooms has rendered.
5. Add gravy to mushrooms in pan and heat to bubbling. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Thin gravy if desired with either milk, water or beef stock.
6. Pour finished gravy over reserved hamburger patties. Serve and enjoy!
Pro tip: To safely thaw frozen burgers quickly – do not remove plastic, place in cold water in sink and submerge with heavy plate or bowl. Check in 20 -30 minutes.